The Allman Brothers Band
- The Allman Brothers Band (ABB) formed in 1969
- The original band members were Gregg & Duane Allman, Dickey Betts, Butch Trucks, Berry Oakley, & Jaimoe
- None of the original members are from Macon, but were brought here by Phil Walden with Capricorn Records in 1969
- Mama Louise Hudson, former owner of H&H Soul Food, fed the boys for free when they were just getting started. The restaurant is still open today.
- ABB spent time at Rose Hill Cemetery, inspiring songs like Little Martha
- Duane Allman & Berry Oakley tragically died in separate motorcycle accidents one year apart in 1971 and 1972
- Duane Allman and Berry Oakley were buried beside each other in Rose Hill Cemetery
- The Allman Brother Band Museum at the Big House was the former home of members of ABB from 1970-73. The museum showcases the most ABB memorabilia in the world from posters, instruments, clothing, & more.
- Gregg Allman, who passed away in 2017, is buried across from Duane and Berry in Rose Hill Cemetery