Take a Southern journey to feed your soul. Visit Macon's most iconic restaurants and attractions for National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW). From May 2-10, NTTW serves to champion the power of the tourism industry and for tourism professionals to promote the contributions their travel markets have made on the local community.
Travel and tourism create jobs and are also economic contributors for the city of Macon. According to the U.S Travel Association Economic Impact Report, in 2013, Macon-Bibb County tourism:
• Generated 3,300 jobs
• Produced $75.55 million in payroll
• Contributed $317. 62 million in direct tourism spending
• Created $12.45 million in state tax revenue
• Generated $8.86 million in local tax revenue
• Bibb County ranked 10th of 159 Georgia counties for 2013 tourism expenditure levels
• Each Bibb County household received $353.43 in tax relief as a result of tourism efforts
To showcase the contributions of the travel industry in Macon, we at the Convention and Visitors Bureau have already started celebrating! The NTTW theme for this year is 'Travel is _____' and we've already filled in the blanks.
Travel is Mobile
Travel is Adventurous
Travel is Connecting
Travel is Opportunity
Travel is Nostalgic
Travel is MACON!
Travel and tourism are important to our communities. They help families bond, discover new places and have positive economic impacts on local markets. So let's continue to support this tradition!
Sade Olajide is an Information Specialist with the Macon-Bibb County CVB.