- 424 Cherry St., Macon, GA 31201
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Theatre Macon Education Annex
- Time: 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Price: Each session will cost $75 per camper for nonmembers, $55 per camper for members. The deadline to register is June 1, 2022.
Historic Macon is bringing back the Box City Summer Camp! This program will introduce campers to urban design and historic preservation through interactive activities. This summer, we will host ten rising 4th-6th graders for a week of day camp. The Box City curriculum focuses on teaching the principles behind community planning and urban design. Historic Macon's Box City Camp will build off those principles and give campers the opportunity to plan and build their own city out of recycled boxes and other materials. As a group, the campers will decide the "who, what, when, and where" of their city and will work together to construct it. Each day during the week the campers will have an additional activity that will teach information about urban planning and the built environment. Special guests will stop by and talk to the campers about the concepts they are being taught at camp. Exploratory walks will be taken around downtown so that campers can see first-hand different building styles