Built in 1925 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the Macon City Auditorium is the perfect location for concerts, plays, large assemblies, banquets and receptions or any other event in need of a grandiose, but intimate setting. It's monumental assembly hall, circular in plan, is about the size of the Pantheon in Rome, and its unique copper dome is reportedly the largest in the world. Adding even more to its splendor and stately architecture is the Doric-style limestone colonnade which surrounds three sides of the building at the balcony level. On the inside, the Great Hall seats 2,688 total - 1,700 on the main floor and 988 in a cantilevered balcony. Over the stage, a breathtaking mural by Don Carlos Dubois and Wilbur Kurtz depicts Macon's history from DeSoto's visit in 1540 to WWI in great artistic detail.
- The Great Hall can also be set up for shows/exhibitions needing up to 14,000 sq. ft. of floor space as well as for banquets of up to 1,100.
- Removable carpet squares in the Great Hall reveal a built-in dance floor.
- Three meeting/banquet rooms, the largest measuring over 2,100 sq. ft, located on the lower level.
- A catering kitchen operated by the Centreplex's full-time catering staff and equipped to handle full-service meals for up to 1,100 people.
- Concession and novelty stands.
- An elegant Green Room and five dressing rooms.
- A top-notch staff committed to the best in customer service. Floor Plan:SeatsSize
Room A21732'x68' Room B19232'x60' Room C10232'x32' Lower Levelseats 675 Meeting SpaceSq. Ft.TheatreBanquetClassroom Great Hall14,01226881100930 Room A217622095145 Room B192019085130 Room C10241004570
- Largest Room 14012
- Total Sq. Ft. 19131
- Number of Rooms 4