About The Temple Macon
The Temple Macon, a special event venue located in Macon, Georgia, seamlessly combines history with modern elegance. This dazzling space was designed by architect W. Elliott Dunwoody, Jr. The Egyptian-themed decorative 27’ high ceilings and murals were created by Athos Menaboni – one of Georgia’s most prominent artists. The building, once the largest auditorium in Georgia outside of Atlanta, opened its doors in 1931 right in the heart of Macon across from City Hall, next to the iconic Rosa Parks Square, and diagonally set to the Macon Auditorium. Now, couples can experience the glamour of this premier venue on their wedding day. You and your wedding party will also be conveniently located near hotels and AB&B’s that you can stay in after the ceremony and reception is over.
Facilities and Capacity
The Temple features enough space for you to celebrate your wedding day with up to 400 of your friends and family. The entire venue encompasses over 18,000 square feet of space. Couples can choose from a variety of areas found throughout the interior. The Main Ballroom gives you a glamorous, one-of-a-kind backdrop with its 27’ tall ceilings, hard wood floors, and installed lighting and A/V features. For a unique touch, this space features a Mezzanine balcony with Port Cochere Overlook Patio, Bridal Suites, vendor and entertainment Green Room, and Macon’s only 7,000 square feet roof-top venue space. Your wedding party and guests will be amazed at the grandeur of your event.
Because choosing vendors can be a difficult decision, the staff at The Temple Macon will provide you with a list of their preferred vendors and exclusive caterers. That way, you can rest assured that you will be selecting a quality vendor for your big day. Additionally, the staff can provide you with all of your beverage service and decoration needs, such as aisle markers, altars, arches, centerpieces, chair covers, and much more. They can also provide you with the following services:
- Event rentals
- In-house beverage services
- State-of-the-art Audio/Video/Lighting/Effects
- Audio equipment
- Valet/Self-Parking services in private parking-lot
W.P. Rader, CHA
- Exhibits Space
- Description Your guests will enjoy views of our beautiful historic city hall and Rosa Park Square as your special event site. With spacious conjoined Balcony/Mezzanine with Port Cochere cocktail area, Rooftop Patio with city-center view and Grand Ballroom with 27ft high ceilings, you and your guests can enjoy each other’s company while lavishing in one of Macon's most unique and fun atmospheres.
- Exhibits 25
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room 5146
- Total Sq. Ft. 18000
- Reception Capacity 600
- Space Notes The Temple offers a beautiful selection of indoor and outdoor full-service areas, which will accommodate up to 400 guests seated or 600+ guests cocktail reception style, as well as a variety of amenities to make your special event Epic.
- Theatre Capacity 546
- Banquet Capacity 400
- Number of Rooms 6
- Booths 25
- Large floor Plan PDF Large floor Plan PDF
- Suites 2
- Classroom Capacity 300