Tourism is a powerful economic engine for Macon. Visit Macon’s hard work, vision and enthusiasm in 2022 paved the way for Macon-Bibb County’s hotel/motel tax collections to increase by 42% over 2021, 14% higher than the previous record year of 2019, which was, of course, pre-pandemic.
The Macon-Bibb County Convention & Visitors Bureau promotes Macon to travel writers, meeting planners, group tour operators and travelers to bring people and revenues into the community and area businesses. The CVB also works closely with its community partners to promote their businesses to the traveling public.
Business & Non-Profit Preferred Partner Benefits:
- Expanded Listing on Visit Macon website, to include link to your business’ website, additional photos of your business and/or custom text and the ability to request updates & changes at any time throughout the year.
- Consideration for Blogs/Articles/Listings produced and distributed by Visit Macon
- Consideration for Social Media posts and coverage by Visit Macon
- Consideration for feature on Video Series produced and used for paid promotion of the Visit Macon story at no additional expense
- Shared access to our Media Library for use in your businesses’ promotions/marketing
- Inclusion on curated tours (when/where applicable) by Visit Macon and added to our themed (brewery tour, music tour, etc.) self-guided tour apps
- Free distribution of your brochures, coupons, and rack cards in the downtown Visitor Center
- Free use, once a year, of the Visit Macon conference room. Must be reserved at least 6 weeks in advance
- Opportunity to have your business featured in the Convention Sales e-newsletter, which is distributed to over 1,300 convention & meeting planners across the United States
- Free, “I Am Macon” customer service training. Must be scheduled in advance.
- Opportunity to produce an interactive experience with visitors in Downtown Visitor Center. Must be scheduled in advance
- Consideration for hosting and/or inclusion in the itineraries of large travel writers and social media influencers sponsored by Visit Macon
- Additional co-op and cost-saving marketing and advertising opportunities options when available, additional costs may apply
- Partners presented first on a list of preferred vendors or options for film locations
By becoming a Preferred Partner, expect new ways to market and share your events/business to visitors, travel writers, groups, conventions and more!
* An annual $250 fee is required for the Preferred Partner status.