Macon Bike Share Stations
The Macon Bike Share Program provides Macon residents and visitors with a convenient, affordable and healthy way to get around the city. Zagster cruiser bikes are available for rental at stations located at Washington Memorial Library, Tubman Museum, and Ocmulgee Heritage Trail at Spring St. See below for a map of the bike locations (click map for a larger image), rental guidelines & instructions on how the bike share stations work.
- One rental bike per Zagster account
- Must be 18 years or older to rent a bike
- Riders under the age of 18 can use the bikes if rented by some 18 years or older
- Must be able to ride a bike that is 26 inches tall
- Riders must wear a helmet if they are 16 years & under per Georgia State Law
Washington Memorial Library: located at 1180 Washington Ave., the bike rack is near the entrance of Washington Memorial Library adjacent to the parking lot.
Tubman Museum: located in Downtown Macon at 310 Cherry St., has a bike rack at the front entrance.
Ocmulgee Heritage Trail at Spring St.: the entrance to the OHT Spring St. Park is located just past the W. L. "Young" Stribling Memorial Bridge over Ocmulgee River. The bike rack is found near the parking lot.
How it works:
- Download the Zagster App - you will need a smartphone and credit card to set up an account
- Choose Macon as your location
- Enter the bike's unique number into the app
- Receive a code and input it into the lock box
- Open the lock box to retrieve a key to unlock the U-lock
- When you're done, bring the bike back to a Zagster docking station and hit "End Ride" on your app
- Ride with Zagster from Zagster on Vimeo.
- Explore Macon al fresco and discover why it's more than just a place on the map. Happy trails!
- For more information, go to zagster.com. Download the Zagster app, here.