Visitor Information Centers
Planning a visit to Macon and need information about attractions, events, and restaurants in Macon? Our professional destination information specialists are ready to assist you by phone or in person at either of our two locations.
Downtown Macon Visitor Information Center
Closed July 4-5, 2021 in honor of Independence Day.
Operation Hours: Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Located off the I-16 Exit 2, 450 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Macon, Ga.
- Call 478-743-1074 or 800-768-3401
- View colorful exhibits and an informative timeline, browse gifts in the souvenir shop, and watch the exciting twelve-minute video for a proper introduction to the Macon, Georgia: Where Soul Lives.
The following safety precautions regarding COVID-19 have been made:
- All visitor center staff are required to wear masks.
- The visitors center will undergo routine daily cleaning and sanitation.
- The visitors center occupancy is set to no more than 25 persons, as Georgia state guidelines recommend.
- No more than two persons will be allowed in facility restrooms at a time.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all guests.
I-75 Visitor Information Center
Operation Hours: Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
- Conveniently located off I-75 South in the Rest Area, one mile south of exit 181, Rumble Road.
- Call 478-994-9191
- Open six days a week except for major holidays (New Year's Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day).